Thursday, May 11, 2006

My Protein

Left - Old, Right - New

Just got my tub of protein powder from EgoNutritions.com. Its a new improved Whey 100% Gold Standard. Out of curiosity, I was comparing the the old tub against the new one. Right off is the weightage, the new one is 5.15lbs while the old one is 5lbs only.

There are a few others differences as below...


Left - Old, Right - New

Eventhough the protein is up 1 gram, but the cholesterol and sodium is up. I wonder what new ingredients they have to put into this protein powder. Maybe its time to switch to another protein?

5 comments:

Jonz said...

haha i get the same one from EgoNutritions too, well I dont think there is anything too wrong with the new improved one though. Will be making a trip back to EgoNutritions for some NO Xplode sometimes soon.

Ganee said...

I was quite worried since my cholesterol is up and I am trying to bring it down. Hope this protein doesn't push my level up back.

Anonymous said...

ganee: amazing comparison! I'm SO GOING TO LINK this post from my site. By the way.. I wouldnt be too worried about the 20mg cholesterol increase. It's not like you're consuming 10 scoops a day, are you?

For your info, a Big Mac has 85mg of Cholesterol, a Burger King Whopper has 70mg and now.. are you ready? A serving of GNC's whey protein screams with 70mg of Cholesterol. Now how's that for comparison? So.. chill!

Ganee said...

Ouch... and I am a big fan of McD.
For now, I am still sticking to ON.

Anonymous said...

The blog and data is excellent and informative as well decanoate