Sunday, December 25, 2005

The hunt for a Fitness Center - The End

Last Stop : Fitness First
In short:-
  • I reviewed The Curve and Uptown 5.
  • 10 clubs in Malaysia
  • Operation hours - 6.30 AM - 10 PM. I heard from the lady starting January extending to 11 PM.
  • Parking: Varies according to location. Uptown - MPPJ parking and private car park. The curve its about RM 1 per entry i think.

Reviews:-

  • I do agree with some of you that FF has the worst customer service. Celebrity Fitness had much more better tour guide and explanation given. Well, they can afford to be snobbish since they have 10 clubs around Malaysia.
  • Facility wise, Uptown 5 is in an aging state. The other branches have better, newer equipments and bigger space area. I like the The Curve free weight area, alot of benches to use. After looking at the rest of the spanking new gyms - Uptown is such a sad place to work out.
  • Free flow of drinks and VCD rentals.
  • Tissue and plastic bag provided - very useful for me!
  • Exercise machines, OK lah.... I am more to free weights anyway.
  • The shower room in The Curve is smaller than Uptown 5. But no curtain! Glass doors - hooray!
  • Locker room -don't need to bring your own padlock.
  • Standard classes - body pump, body combat, yadda yadda.... no Capoeira though. :(

Price:-

Home
Joining Fee - RM 500 (Can bargain)
Admin Fee - RM 95
Monthly - RM 147 per month

Passport
Joining Fee - RM 500 (Can bargain)
Admin Fee - RM 95
Monthly - RM 175

FF fees are pretty standard. I checked out about 3 different location. Just a note, don't expect the sales ppl to negotiate terms/bargain with you or throw is further discounts to intice, if you don't like it, you can "belah"! Ohh well.........

Final Review:-
I decided to signup with FF because

1. Its the nearest to my office. Much practical for a lazy me. No parking hassle.
2. It has about 10 branches I can hop around. Somehow I kindda regret taking passport... sigh.
3. Free flow of drinks.
4. Most of my friends are in FF.

So thats it folks. I have decided to contract myself to FF for the next 12 months. Yes, I can hear you ppl crying aloud - "NOOOOOOOO!!", but I kindda used to FF and I don't really have much of a choice in terms of location. So wish me luck!

For those folks who ain't as lazy as me, you should really give Celebrity Fitness a try. Looks cool.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey there.. are u paying the registration fees? if yes, lemme know k? :)

Ganee said...

Yup, i paid the fees... whats up?

Anonymous said...

Celebrity Fitness is actually EVIL! They said they were gonna open up more branches in the Klang Valley when I went there a year ago. Still don't see any new branches...

But I guess for you, location matters.

Don't regret! Make full use of it and work out more!

Anonymous said...

arr... cuz i could've get the registration fees waived for u.. ehhe

Ganee said...

pennypupz - ALAMAK! Its too late now... thanx anyway...

gbyeow - I wouldn't consider CF evil :), maybe poor business planning. Anyway, good news for you, they are opening in Subang in Feb 06.

Anonymous said...

Though I whine about FF alot, I still like it and don't plan to switch. I just need access to cardio machines, free weights, the machines occassionally - and a nice hot refreshing shower.

Gimme all that and I'm a happy camper. Good luck.