Saturday, February 14, 2009

Knee Injury

Its been sometime since I blogged. I have a very good reason. My knee was giving me a lot of pain and it got worst in the recent month. I decided to have it checked. 

I was referred to Apollo TTDI Medical Centre to a Datuk Dr. Selva. I was told to do a MRI after the first consultation. He suspected me of having a tear around my knee area. I did my MRI at Lourders Medical Centre in Jalan Ipoh. As feared, I have a Meniscus tear at the knee which requires me to do a ACL surgery. The doctor injected me with Synvisc to help with the pain, however I felt later on this was not necessary. I have this wobbly feeling now while walking. The cost of the injection was around RM 1.5K. I was charged a total of  RM 4K for the consultation. I am getting doubts about this treatment.

More or less, I have to do a surgery and my knee will not be the same anymore. I have to accept that fact. Now I am looking for a the best surgeon and physiotherapy centre. This is going to cost me a bomb, I hope my insurance can cover this. Guys, go easy in the gym. Injury sux and costly.

Tiger Wood had one of this surgery as well.

No comments: