Friday, April 14, 2006

Gym buddy

Currently I have a gym buddy.. who is actually my boss and my competitor. Kindda ironic? Anyway, he is cool and I find that having a buddy in the gym does help alot. How?
  • You are able to share knowledge on exercises and tips
  • Someone to push you further
  • Someone to correct your mistakes
  • Create a close rapport among your friends/colleague
  • The guilty feeling you will have if you don't show up, so you are committed to the training day

However there is also some bad points :-

  • You are unable to follow your training plan
  • Changing weights, especially if the other is stronger / weaker than you
  • You spend quite a bit of time chatting

So in order to get the best of both worlds, I train with my gym buddy 1 day a week, and the rest of the days I work out alone.

Currently I am learning how to swim, so far only 4 classes. The instructor keeps on postponing the classes. Hopefully I can learn to swim fast in order to burn my fat and get some solid back muscle.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How can you betray the family?
What about our trade-mark tummy?

Ganee said...

Its ok, i give you exclusive rights to the tummy trademark.